For shipments using Ground Transportation in the United States; also known as DOT. Fulfills US DOT and International Law Training Requirements.
49CFR Training is required for shippers who prepare dangerous goods shipments for highway transit using the 49CFR regulations.
The 2-Day 49CFR webinar is designed for basic shippers, freight forwarders, third party logistics entities, carriers and freight brokers. Recurrent training is required every 3 years for 49CFR.
49CFR 2-Day Initial Webinar Topics:
Format of the Regulations
Proper Classification Criteria
Packing, UN Packaging
The Hazardous Materials Table
General and UN Specification
Limited Discussion of RAM & Explosives
Materials Required: Current edition of the 49CFR is required for this session. If you need a current copy, we suggest purchasing one from our recommended suppliers. Students will be emailed the class workbook which they will download and print; we suggest putting it in a three ring binder.
Recommended supplies: Sticky notes, pens, highlighter, notepaper.
Webinar Hours: 11:00am - 7:00pm Eastern Standard Time each day (includes testing). Sign-in begins 15 minutes prior to class start time. Class times are EST - please adjust according to your time zone.
Student Workbook: students download workbook to view and print student workbook, we suggest putting it in a three ring binder. If you do not print the workbook, you must be able to view it at the same time as the webinar.
Regulations: 49CFR regulations are required for this webinar. Students must provide their own regulations, as they are not included with the course. If you need a current copy, we suggest purchasing one from our recommended suppliers.
Exam taken online at the conclusion of the webinar. Exams must be submitted within 3 hours of completion of the course.
Webinar Hours: All webinars start in East Coast Time - please adjust your time accordingly. Students must sign in 15 minute early.
Training location: We recommend taking the webinar from a location where you will not be distracted by coworkers or daily work duties.
Recommended supplies: Sticky notes, pens, highlighter, notepaper
Please note: The registration period for enrolling in public webinars closes 1 business day prior to the start of class.
Webinar Frequently Asked Questions - Click here!
Classroom training may be more suited for you: if you do not use the 49CFR Regulations on a regular basis.
What is the difference between webinar and online training? Webinars are instructor led and completed in 1 day. Online training is taken on your own, and you have 3 months to complete.
Are any additional training courses required?
- Hazmat Security Awareness Training (SAT) - In the United States this additional training is required. DGI offers free SAT on our website.
- Function Specific Training - Ultimately (in the United States) your employer has final responsibility for determining if a hazmat employee is properly trained for their particular job function. Since there is a potential for limitless types of job functions as determined by an individual employer, we as your training provider can only suggest what types of additional training might be required.
- We recommend that persons shipping the following substance get additional training:
- Radioactive Materials
- Toxic Gases (additional DOT requirements)
- Toxic Inhalation Hazard
- Packaging of Explosives (additional DOT requirements)